Friday, August 25, 2006

hired!

So...I got tha job i applied for. hurray? It's weird. I'm just not as excited as I thought I would be. Probably because I just saw an ad for postal workers that pay twice what I'm going to get. I was actually planning on applying for that job. But maybe its for the best. maybe it's not a good idea for a photographer to be used to having money:) So I'll be working in the registrar's office. It's weird...being on salary. it means no matter how much work I do I will never get any more. course it also means how little work I do.... Plus it only pays once a month. so I'm not getting paid again until Oct. 1. blech. Mom says I should try postal anyway. see if they got any part time evening jobs. I think my husband should apply too. It's just hard because last fall I brought home $1000 every two weeks. now I'll be bringing home only a litle more than that per month. course...I was working my butt off for that paycheck and got no where near that for several months out of the year.
We'll see. My family thinks I will really like this job. I hope I will. I should feel blessed. I mean...how many people applied for this job and didn' get it. They wanted me. I went through two interviews...and they wanted me:) Cool huh? Guess I should brush up on all those computer programs I said I could use.

2 Comments:

At 9/06/2006 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you didnt really mention what your new job is! but whatever..woohoo!!! hooray cherese!!

oh, and when i lived in NY I totally tried to be a postal delivery guy. that would rule!!

 
At 9/08/2006 5:32 AM, Blogger Cherese said...

I'm a counter lady. I sit at the front and help students who come up to the front. ya know...registering and class drop and transcript requests. I do have my own special duties which include the actual dropping of a student from class and grade changes and removals of incompletes. Sounds like a blast huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home