Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Allllll byyyy myyy se-e-elf

I'm starting to really feel the strain of having no friends here. It always get's this way during the slow time at my job. I suddenly realize how little life I have outside of my job and how I have like no friends here my own age. Cept for my co-workers, and we don't exactly like to do the same things for fun. Before I got friends from school or church. Now I'm not in school, and my church is dead. Well not dead, but as my grandmother says most members "gpt one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel."
I want someone to friggen hang out with, and with work consuming my life, and fear of going out alone...I have no way to meet anyone. I don't even know enough people to have a pity party. I'm not sure how to remedy this. I mean I love hanging out with my best friend and her hubby(they're supposed to be moving a lot closer soon) but for now they are far away, but they have 4 kids and a lot of drama. It's so different hanging out with people with kids when you have none. We're just not into the same things. My life's about me and my husband...she lives for her kids.
Maybe..with this incident at my church it will give us a chance to find another church with more young people to hang out with. But I'm so bored and lonely I've resorted to cleaning up my house. I bought a new doorknob for my bathroom and replaced it myself. I completely cleaned the refrigerator which honostly, has not been cleaned since my mom moved out 9 years ago and had some nasty spills that were ignored. I know..gross. and tomorrow. I'm painting the ceiling in my kitchen. I gotta get outta here or before you know it...the whole house will be in shape. I'll be like...a homemaker. I mean...some of you have seen my rooms from college...can you really see that? scary huh?:)

On another note. I finally purchased an ac adapter for my ibook clamshell. Old as she is...she'll be up and running soon. I figured I'd better get her going since she's my only computer with Photoshop, and with the lovely new camera I need a program to play in:) man...there was the laptop on ebay for $800. fully loaded with 2k worth of software including photoshop cs and all kinds of fun little graphic, webpublishing stuff. It was used by a radio station. Original program cds included. I would have been all over it, but hubby's still trying to recover from the near $700 spent on my camera. He would have had a heart attack. But it sure would have been sweet. (sigh)

4 Comments:

At 5/25/2006 9:38 AM, Blogger LoriLoo310 said...

You shouldn't be afraid to go out by yourself. I go to lunch by myself everyday! At first I was a little self conscious about it, but then I realized that there was no reason to be. You should take charge of your solitary situation and go see a movie, or go eat at a place your husband would never want to go. But as for what your house is getting in return for your boredom: priceless.

 
At 5/25/2006 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know exactly how you feel. people think my job is exciting, how i get to meet tons of new people, which is all true, but they forget one thing. when you go home, you go home alone. but hang in there and keep praying, you'll be alright.

 
At 5/27/2006 5:48 PM, Blogger princess kelly said...

I think that the solution to your problem is to A) come see me, 2)come see me, and D) come see me. What do ya think? I'm only a hop, skip and a jump away. Talk to ya soon!

 
At 5/30/2006 1:51 PM, Blogger nicolegail said...

I agree with Kelly. You should definitely go visit her. And then when I move back to Abilene in a month you should come visit me too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home