Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Ebay is the devil

Ok...so maybe that's a little harsh, but it has been making me want to pull my hair out. The good news. All but two items sold, with the total profit amounting to $60.88. Ya hoo for me. Bad news. Problems!! A buyer had to get an attitude with me over the method of payment. I said I accepted paypal, but not credit cards. So she tried to pay me with a credit card through paypal. My paypal account didn't except credit cards, so she sent me a nasty gram, because i was not completely honost in my original description. Which is true. But not because I was trying to be deceitful and lure naive bidders in with a paypal promise, it was just pure and simple ignorance on my part. I didn't know. So to appease her (who's total bid, by the was was only like $4.50 including shipping) I had to upgrade my paypal account to accept the cards, and the charge a $0.30 fee everytime someones sends me money, plus 2.9% of whatever the total transfer is. So that sucks about 8 dollars or so off my entire profit. Booo!

Then of course, it turns out somethings are heavier than I had thought, and the shipping more expensive. I had to eat the cost of the extra shipping. Of course..there are a few who paid 3.50 for shipping, when it only cost $0.87, but we'll skip over that.

Then on this one auction I told someone the auction was for twelve things, but I'd send him 5 slightly damaged ones for free if he paid for the shipping. I packed them up to ship...only had 16 . What the heck happened to that other one?!?! I had to write this letter of apology, but fortunately he was cool with it. To top it all off I have two people who have yet to pay or even communicate with me, and the auctions were over a week and a half ago.

Finally getting over my selling fiascos, I decide to buy a digital camera. I see this one I really really want. And I lose the auction. So I bid on this other one that's still good, but not exactly what I wanted. Currently I'm the high bidder and likely to stay that way. I wanted to make sure I didn't lose again. Then...what's this...an email offering me a second chance on the first one. the one I really wanted. Not at the winning price, but my first original bid, almost $100 cheaper. This can't be happening. Of course there's still a chance that I might lose. highly unlikely. So I appealed to the seller, asking if he will release my from my bid, should I win, and take the second highest. I think I said something about a circumstance preventing me from affording it. Not lying of course. Buying my second chance camera, will prevent me from being able to afford his right? right? I know it's awful...but it will save me $100 and get me the exact camera I wanted. Please the second highest bidder is only $10 down from me.

It's causing me stress. But I know that once it's all said and done, I will be much better off. I will have my digital camera (whichever one) and finally be rid of some of the wedding junk, that's just been sitting around.

Sorry about all the complaining. It's life, you know. It gets to you sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home