Saturday, February 11, 2006

Tax Offenders

I can't stand it when people cheat on their taxes. Especially people who are supposed to so Christian and righteous. It just boggles my mind how they don't see it as wrong. For instance someone asked me to do their taxes for them. Ok sure. Well...she wanted to claim two little boys as her dependents that were not hers. She got the mother's permission and everything, but it still made me very uneasy. She goes on and on about God and her love and devotion to him, and as Christians we are directed to generally respect the laws of our Government. How could she cheat? Does she know how much trouble she'll get into if she got caught. I mean couldn't I even get in trouble for doing it for her? I'm trying get over this, happened a couple of weeks ago, but I just can't shake how guilty I would feel for being a part of it. I checked it and she would have gotten over six grand back. But then she told me not to tell the boys' mother that total. To just tell her that she would have gotten $3,000 so she would not have to give the mom as much money and could keep most of it for herself. So she plans to lie and then actually asked me to do the same. I can not explain her how pissed off that makes me feel. she even suggest I claim one of my cousins so I could get more back. Why would she put me in that position?

I know that tons of people all over the place cheat on their taxes year after year and get away with it. I just can't condone it and I will not do her taxes. Not like this.

3 Comments:

At 2/13/2006 11:44 AM, Blogger JonGrubbs said...

Well, I have to agree with my man JuicyFruiter above me. You blog is quite inquisitive. And, being a park ranger myself, I have to say Cherese: I'm proud of you for not doing those taxes for that lady. You could definately get in a ton of trouble for doing that, and it takes character to stand up to that. Little choices like that can make a huge impact on life, and I think you have chosen wisely. Love you. Have a great week.

 
At 2/28/2006 8:24 PM, Blogger Brown Sugar said...

Cherese...i didn't know you did taxes...how long have you done taxes for someone...and how does that tie in with a journalism degree...and call me when you are coming to dallas....we live in uptown dallas (just north of downtown and just south of north dallas)..I-75 & Lovers Lane/Southwestern Blvd. area, The Village, near SMU, fun place.

 
At 3/04/2006 8:25 PM, Blogger Cherese said...

I do about 4 peoples taxes a year. Family members who don't know how to e-file but want their money quickly. One of these times I'm going to host a how to do your own dang taxes seminar. Seriously..it's not hard...just answer the stupid h&rblock questions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home