Thursday, October 13, 2005

The baby bug

that's right folks. I have officially been bitten. No..I'm not pregnant, but the baby bug got a hold of me and man I am itchin'. I know it's not the best time, and I truly have no idea where it came from. it's so not me. I've only been married for a year. It probably has something to do with the fact that 3 girls in my family are pregnant and most of the girls I work with are either preganant or have children they always talk about. Maybe that it's. I just don't know. Just suddenly have a little smelly crying pooping baby in my arms with my nose and James' eyes is just so appealing. Wait...take that back..james' nose is better. perhaps my checkbones...but anyway. is there any other young married going through the same thing? I mean we don't have much money, hubby doesn't even have a solid full-time job. Surviving on long-term temp work and the occasional day at his dad's tv repair shop. He's involved in an annoying legal situation, which I think is a waste of lots of people's time and money, but until it's cleared we're stranded here for who knows how long, and I so desperately want to get out of this town. The initial plan was to stay here for a year...move somewhere more accommedating, buy a house within six months and start birthing babies. We've been here for a year already and will be here for at least one more, probably more. (sigh). I want my baby!!!! Maybe it will pass. right when I'm content without my husband will want one. He won't even discuss it with me yet. If I bring it up it's just a flat out "NO" and that the end. sucks to be me. Who the heck thought of unattainable desires. grr...

6 Comments:

At 10/14/2005 8:09 AM, Blogger LoriLoo310 said...

I understand what you're going through. Though with me it comes in waves. For an entire month I was dying to have a baby, then all of a sudden the desire went away. It comes and goes. And we're not in a situation where a baby would be a good thing. Trying to renovate an entire house while being pregnant is not the ideal situation for us. I guess we just have to be patient with our husbands and circumstances.

 
At 10/14/2005 9:21 AM, Blogger JonGrubbs said...

I seem to remember a certain someone in college saying they'd never want to have a kid. Maybe adoption, she said... Shea and I talk about it sometimes, but we just don't want to have kids in an apartment...but then, if we continue to live out here, I'll be like 65 when I can finally afford a house and by then I think, if I remember biology correctly, it'll be too late. Hey, you always have Sugar, and we have Hurley.

 
At 10/14/2005 3:33 PM, Blogger nicolegail said...

I like kittens!

 
At 10/14/2005 3:36 PM, Blogger nicolegail said...

And puppies! (Babies scare me. The thought of having babies scares me)

 
At 10/16/2005 10:45 PM, Blogger Shea said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10/17/2005 12:37 PM, Blogger Shea said...

Well Cheesier,

I'm like Lori... I definitely go through waves, have dreams about being a Mommy, play with all the newborns in our church and wonder what life is like for their parents .....yup I get bit by the bug from time to time... but then, I just take a trip to Target...hear all the screaming babies on every single aisle of the store....and the waves pass.

In all honesty, I can't wait to be a Mom....but just not quite yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home