Saturday, July 16, 2005

May your heiness have a glorious reign...

Yup...that's right. I am the queen of the dorks. You better believe I was at the midnight release party for the sixth installment of Harry Potter novel's. The Half-Blood Prince. And yes...I recieved it less than 24 hours ago and it has been completed. I woke up this morning at 8:15, grabbed a bran muffin and sat to bury myself in Harry Potter for let's see the next...9 hours it looks like? stopping only to heat a frozen pizza and go potter...I mean potty:) The cool thing about reading a brand new book all in one sitting is there is no painful waiting. You get it all right then. You that you will know all there is to this book before the day is out...heck before dinner. But you've glided through the book so quickly there is no glorious suspense. The not being able to wait until you can still away a couple of moments to read that next chapter. Realizing that at 2:30 in the morning you can no longer comprehend what's written on the page and having to force yourself to stop at a "good part". All the suspense is gone. I will never know that. Because when the seventh book comes out...I will do the same thing. But the really suck part is that no one else you know will have partaken of this ritual. I can not talk to anyone about the book. If I tell someone who loves harry potter they will be highly pissed at me for ruining their personal experience of drinkin in themselves, and I if tell someone who does give a flip about harry potter it will most definately not create the desiring impact. Please...for the love..someone read the book and call me. Let's discuss...there's gotta be a chat room some where....aaaagggggggghhhhhh!. it burns...

Say what you will about harry potter...but the books are addictive. It is no longer about the quality of the stories...relishing the creativity of the author and her effect on the reader's mind. Screw that! I wanna know what happens! Who dies, who lives...who loses, who wins..who gets the girl..and exactly what girl are we talking about her. The effect it has on people is comparable to a soap opera. Um..just the effect. let's not get into the quality of soap operas.

But I've squandered away my day. I've hardly eaten anything today, haven't showered or changed clothes...skipped my workout. I messed up my diet. I even ate part of a chocolate bar they gave away with purchase of book. And ya know what...screw it, i'm eating hamburger helper for dinner tonight and I don't care..it's harry potter day!

3 Comments:

At 7/16/2005 3:51 PM, Blogger Cherese said...

seriously...I need help. Perhaps I will be my sane self again tomorrow.

 
At 7/16/2005 11:02 PM, Blogger nicolegail said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH! I want it! I want it! I want it! And I will partake of the exact same ritual as soon as the book arrives via amazon.com to the tropical island on which I live. I have a two week wait. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

 
At 8/17/2005 2:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Holly and I were at the party in Nashville and she also read it in the next six hours or so... craziness. Im only on book 3, but if you want to talk about Harry Potter- email Holly (used to be Lewis)- holly@ottercreek.org. she would love to hear from you and is dying to find some more fans to talk with who dont have to finish thier homework. Sounds like things are going well for you- long time no see. God bless and have fun in SanAntone- I recommend SeaWorld, but it is kind of pricey thesedays...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home