Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Bunch of stuff

First off...I did my solo. I was so incredibly nervous I think you could hear my heartbeating in my voice. I kept my head down staring at the book the entire time. my voice was so weak, and I cracked and hit wrong notes. But everyone was soooo supportive. They went on about how good I did and how pretty my voice was, but I can always rely on my father to tell me the truth. "Honey...it sounded good...but.." Apparantly I was a little too quiet, and I explained to him that it was because I was very uncomfortable with the song and had only practiced it twice. I was quiet because if I hit a wrong note it wouldn't be a LOUD wrong note. My dad put it on his computer and if I ever figure out how to upload it, I might try to let some of you see it. We'll see how that works. Moving right along...

I think I refered to something that had been bothering me..here it is.


there's this guy that works with me. He's the type of guy that if we finish working at 6:10 he suggest we sign out at 6:30. so his box was like right below mine and I glanced in it..we have expense sheets were we keep track of job mileage so we can get reimbursed and I noticed a few problems with his. point A. He had minerals wells listed on his first line. First of all...he did not drive to mineral wells.
Second..he had 400 miles listed when it's like a 190 mile trip. Then he marked another place we went to as 425 miles when it took 325. So this was like a week ago and apparantly I decided not to tell anyone for a couple of reasons. First I'm not sure if he actually turned it or had a sudden case of conscience. Second, if he did turn it in, I'm not sure my boss didn't already catch it, he's usually pretty good at catching an extra 200 miles on an expense sheet. And if they've set him down already and had a talk to him about it, a week later is not a good time to stick my noise in and volunteer late information that has nothing to do with me. So...I'm planning on just keeping an eye on him. See if he pulls it again. Second time, I'm going to mention something to my photo manager.

In other news. Does anyone have that problem to where they buy pants and it fits perfectly in the legs, but is for some reason baggie around the middle and waist, resulting in that stupid line that comes across your crotch when the waist slides down but the legs stay put. Drives me nuts. and I just bought these pants! In actuallity I probably should have bought a size smaller (which just tickles me to think about it) But these are already a size smaller than I used to wear (which tickles me even more). But I'm still ticked because I really like these pants and they feel too loose, and it's too late to take it back because I've been wearing them all day. Darn it! I wonder if I could just get them altered.

I think that's all for now. By the way...did I mention I worked a whopping 70 hours last week. That's like...two weeks worth of work in one week. It was very hard for me, but I think this week promises to go a little easier. later!

4 Comments:

At 8/23/2005 9:33 PM, Blogger Shea said...

Hey Cheese!

I read that jeans tend to stretch a whole size to size and a half once you wear them for a little while. I read in some article the other day if (when you are trying them on in the dressing room) you squat for 2 minutes in them, then stand up, it should give a good estimate of how much they will stretch... but then again...how dumb (and possibly sore) would you feel...while squating for 2 min.s in a dressing room!

 
At 8/24/2005 12:45 PM, Blogger nicolegail said...

I want to see (or should I say hear) your solo! Figure out a way to post it.

As far as the guy at work is concerned, I think you should just keep an eye on him and if you see him doing anything shady again, I would confidentially speak to your boss about it. You don't have to be a "snitch," just tell her your concerns. Then you don't have to worry about it anymore. If this guy is doing stuff like this so blatantly then he will get caught (unless you work for a company that doesn't mind employees stealing from them).

On a lighter note, pants are always hard to buy. When in doubt, go tight (although not too tight). And always buy jeans a size smaller then you actually wear, because they really will stretch. And of course because you'll lose even more weight before you've worn them long (at least that's always my hope :-).

 
At 8/24/2005 2:28 PM, Blogger LoriLoo310 said...

Hey Cherese! I would LOVE to hear/see your solo. Good for you on the weight-loss, that's great! Brandon and I have joined a gym, trying to get in shape. Sooooo painful right now.

 
At 8/29/2005 12:23 PM, Blogger nicolegail said...

Your blog got spammed! Mine got hit this weekend too. Damn spammers, can't they just leave the world alone. (On a side note: this comment puts your comments up to 5, well past your average 3).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home