Wednesday, August 17, 2005

dance fever!

Ok. So I've never been one of those people who like the reality caller-vote shows which basically have the "So you wanna be a star?" theme...like American Idol, The apprentice, the one show that missy elliot did. Which, sometimes I feel like the only person who doesn't really like american idol. but this new show...So You Think You Can Dance? Love it. No don't get me wrong. I love singing...actually singing a solo this sunday...(oh my gosh...this sunday!). I sing in the car, I sing while cleaning house, and I have total respect for good singers. But screw them, I already know how to do that...But the dancers! I mean, they let actual professionals on this show. People who have dance studios, where they teach other people how to dance as well as people who just study it and like it. They do stuff on that show... Most people don't realize that I'm a closet dance fanatic. I love it. I used to want to be a dancer. I'd rather be good at dance than good at photography (gasp!) but unfortunately I'm a [broad-shouldered] woman and [broad-shouldered] women have a hard time dancing and making it look good. If I can manage to lose enough wieght and maybe even get a [shoulder] reduction, perhaps I will make a go at it. screw that...as soon as I move to a city that offers them I am so taking dance lessons with my husband.

Now..dance lessons...those were one of those things that well, I like to call a wooing promise, a bargaining chip, if you will. See...when a guy is dating a girl and is partaking in the act of wooing he may make a promise. Guy does not want to lose girl, so promises anything she desires. Then he marries her, figures her to be trapped and suddenly, promise is forgotten. Girl hears, "What? I didn't say that,' or "You must have misunderstood me." I distinctly remember asking James, while we were dating if he would take dance lessons with me, although admittedly reluctant he did agree. But now that we are married and I bring it up he's all "I don't think so." What a rip! Dang it...I know i should have outlined that in the pre-nup. :) But I think perhaps..I still have room to talk him into it.


On the other hand. That 90 day program I started...got 17 days left. Yahoo! I will tell you this much..I have lost weight..but you're going to have to way till day 90 to find out how much. also...there's an issue I'm having at work I'd like to discuss, but unfortunately I have to get up in 6 hours to go to work, so It's going to have to wait until tomorrow:)

3 Comments:

At 8/18/2005 9:20 AM, Blogger JonGrubbs said...

Cherese, you just need to tell James that if he doesn't take you dancing or take you to dance lessons, you will STOMP A HOLE!!!!

 
At 8/18/2005 1:15 PM, Blogger nicolegail said...

My recommendation: Get James an Xbox and get him started on Dance Dance Revolution.

 
At 8/18/2005 2:43 PM, Blogger LoriLoo310 said...

Way to go Cherese, glad you found something you can make your husband do unwillingly. As wives, it's our job to find something like that just to keep them in their place. Mine is shopping! Ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home