Sunday, July 17, 2005

good fortune

Short little story. My and my husband went to a chinese restuarant the other day. Food was disappointing, but moving on. We of course get the complimentary fortune cookies with the bill. My husband picks up one and tosses the other one to me. He opens his reads it..blah, blah, blah. Then I open mine and it says...exactly "You look pretty". That's it. I cracked up, I have never had a fortune cookie pay me such an innocent physical compliment. I would have been rolling around on the floor if my husband had picked up that cookie first. How's that for making a man feel like a man. I shall keep it always and whenever I'm feeling down I will pull it out of my tiny purse and read it and smile. Not the one about my wisdom or that I will go far in life..I chose to keep the fortune that states "You look pretty". That's an american woman for ya;)

3 Comments:

At 7/20/2005 7:38 PM, Blogger nicolegail said...

That fortune cookie rocks! My family has a funny fortune cookie story. When I was a little girl and couldn't read, we would always eat out at Chinese and Korean restaurants. At the end of the meal every one would take turns and read their fortune aloud. I was never one for being left out, so when it got to me I would also hold my fortune up and recite "Don't cross the street without holding somebody's hand." I was very cute! :-) Well, one day my Grandpa decided to play a trick on my Mom, so somehow he got a fortune cookie and switched out the fortune. When we went out to eat he gave me the fortune cookie and I "read" my fortune as usual. Then someone asked me Mom to read my "real" fortune. So she took it from me and read in disbelief "Don't cross the street without holding somebody's hand." See! I told you I'm always right!

 
At 7/28/2005 7:42 PM, Blogger bscarter said...

I once got a fortune cookie that said "Behind every good man is another good man." This isn't too bad, until you add in the requisite "...in bed."

 
At 8/07/2005 11:58 PM, Blogger nicolegail said...

UPDATE YOUR BLOG!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home