Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Working sucks!

I'm just about fed up with my job. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do...I hate my job. first off, my trip to San Antonio is cancelled. Due largely to the fact that my boss would not give me one day off. I bend over backwards for these people, I make my self completely flexible and build my world around their schedule. The last time I asked for time off was for my honeymoon. I think one day for my anniversary is reasonable. OK. So she doesn't give it to me. so I ask for a shorter day so I can at least leave on Friday instead of having to wait until Saturday morning. She said no because the school I'm going to is huge and she needs my help and experience. Then she got kinda rude about me having the nerve to ask to not work that day. Grr. It just frustrates me. I told her I wanted a day off like 2 months ago and it sucks that I have the kind of job where they just downright can't give it to you. I want a job where the scheduling is not so tight they have no one to spare.

So I was so pissed off for having this trip ruined. That I had been planning for three months. I cried, I almost wanted to just quit my job. Then I remembered. It's hot here. It's hotter in San Antonio. I checked the forecast...high temp was supposed to be between 99-101 degrees this weekend. Do I really want to cruise the riverwalk all day in that heat?? naaa. Not to mention gas prices are sky high. And it's 6 and a half hours to San Antonio. I could still go, but I don't think 2 days there is worth the time and gas money. So i calmed down and decided to go to Medieval Times in Dallas instead. It's closer. It's indoors. And I can hang out with my mom the next day. And for an anniversary present, my stepfather agreed to fire up the grill for us, and let me tell ya...the man can grill:) So I think it will be a pretty decent weekend just the same. My husband has never been to Medieval Times so at least that's something different. And if anyone doesn't know what that is, tell me. I would be more than happy to explain. Or just go to the website.


So..I'm feeling alright, finally about not getting my day off. Then I get my expense sheet back from my boss which has my mileage that he's going to reimburse me for on it. Ok..so back story. I went to a school one day, in bray. About an hour and 35 minute drive from here. We get there and discover we've left the power boxes behind. We plug our lights into it and it was impossible to do without. So we called a guy and told him to meet us halfway. I volunteer to meet him. I drive for over an hour before I finally see him, and grab the stuff and drive the 60 miles or whatever back to the school. I know better than to count the miles for going back on my mileage sheet. So I just put 172 miles, which is one trip there and back. 4 days later, the boss passes out this addendum to our handbook saying that if something is left behind and he has to pay someone mileage to bring it to you, you cannot claim the mileage for that school since he has to pay it to someone else. Understandable. But he didn't make this change until after my job. So I get my expense sheet back and he's marked it off and deducted it from my total. Now...there were two people who drove on this trip and I'm wondering if he really subtracted 2x172 miles on our sheets because he had to pay 70 miles to someone else. If he did, totally unfair. Second, I actually don't think he subtracted the mileage from the other guy's sheet just mine, which is even more unfair, because not only am I out 172 miles, I'm out the extra 100 miles for having to go 2/3 of the way and back. If I had known he wasn't going to pay me anything I would have made the other guy go back since it was his fault we left the stuff anyway. or better yet, just let the guy come all the way to me instead of meeting him. Granted, I was the team leader and I was supposed to double check, but I asked one of the photographers, while he was staring at the shelf where the powerboxes were sitting, if we missed anything and he said no. Why wouldn't I take his word, if he's standing there looking at it? And what really burns me is that my boss is probably sitting around thinking very ill of me for trying to put one over on him and for being so incompetant and forgetting things. when I work so hard for him with absolutely zero positive feedback. I don't deserve that crap. I shouldn't have to live up to perfect. or have 5 mistakes out of 150 good days ruin my reputation as a good employee. i know I forget things. It happens ya know? when you do 100 different things for job and everyday you're taking a completely different set of equipment, it's hard to keep track....

Sorry.

I'm just really tired. It's an awful lot of pressure and I'm having a hard time dealing with it at the moment. I like my job...I just don't want to work for my boss anymore.

1 Comments:

At 9/02/2005 8:14 AM, Blogger LoriLoo310 said...

Cherese, I have so much sympathy for you. I also have a good job and enjoy the work I do, but my boss is HORRIBLE. I think all jobs would be wonderful if there were no bosses to ruin the fun. Sorry your vacation didn't work out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home