Sunday, May 29, 2005

Sugar the cat??? and my bad day.

It is quite unbelievable how much my cat has grown in the past couple of months. She is the same size now as my last cat ever was. I wonder if she'll get bigger. What happened to my cute little kitten whose claws did not know the meaning of the word "retractable" She now looks like a cat. She still attacks randomly with no warning mostly inanimate objects...but now she will lie calmly in my lap and let me pet her. and she's beautiful not just cute.


now...on to my bad day, which unfortunately probably won't mean much to non-photographers, but it's not like my blog is a high-traffic area, and..it is mine, so I don't care. First...I borrowed my father's video camera for my job and then agreed to bring it to my cousin's graduation so he can video-tape it. I get it there..and the battery has mysteriously disappeared. ya know...the expensive, hard to find battery. I searched my office and still can't find it. Way to go Cherese. So than I have to go to Quanah, tx to photograph their graduation. We pack everything and when we get there (1 hour 20 minutes away) I discover there is no sync cord to link my light to my camera. Now...every bag that holds the light we use has a sync already connected plus one to two extras. This had nothing. I couldn't believe it. One could argue it's my fault because I didn't double check my bag...But as I mentioned before...every bag has 2 to 3 syncs, and if someone purposely removes them, it is their responsibility to remove the bag from the equipment room or post a note. So...graduation's supposed to start in 45 minutes, no time for some one to bring me one, so I volunteer my 35mm which just happens to be in my car. I have to run to United to get film, and rush back. Now...of course everyone there has 35mm with the big fancy flash so I'm feeling very unprofessional. so I stand up to start photographing the graduates as they go by. Now usually I have a pretty quick-charging flash. Not today. In fact, even though the announcer was going very slow, the flash only went off on a little over half of them. I'm devastated because that was a sad, sad representation of my company. And to top it all off...the graduation didn't start until a half an hour later than I thought, meaning someone probably could have made it to us on time. And I didn't occur to me until later that people don't actually walk until an hour after graduation starts. I could have just set up my light and metered and someone would have had plenty of time to bring me a sync before the graduates walked.

It was just a very depressing day. I always feel like such crap when stuff doesn't work out and I just feel like I did a really bad job. I like to do good work ya know? I just feel...like a big steaming pile of poo when my work goes wrong. Like when I photographer a wedding and my flash malfunctioned leaving 2/3 of a roll pitch black...and that roll just happened to be the one with the the bride and her mom...her and her dad...ya know..important posed pics at the alter. Fortunately I did get other photos of her and her parents...and every picture of the couple. But I totally felt like a jerk. I mean..you can't get those moments back.

Anyway..to end on a pleasant note. Sugar is lying next to me asleep. She totally sprawls out...legs wide open, like half on a her back and half on her side. It's hilarious. She does so many funny things. She's like the slowest cat in history. She can never catch anything which is why she only attacks still things. Like my foot...a table leg..the wall:) We have a glass coffe table, and she always walks under it and tries to attack things sitting on top of the table through the glass. And the other day I was taking a shower with the bathroom door cracked, ya know to let out some of the steam. Next thing I know she peering over the edge of the tub trying to attack the stream of water. Then she jumped in. Oddly enough...didn't stay for long. Don't know why, thought cats liked water:)

5 Comments:

At 5/31/2005 2:09 PM, Blogger Shea said...

Cheese!

Where have our kitties gone??? We came home from a trip this weekend and when I picked up Hurley.... it's like he grew up over night. He now is looking like a cat and not my little kitty....although he's still as playful as he ever was.
Anyway sorry about the crappiness of the day. We all have them from time to time... helps us be thankful for the not-so-crappy ones.

Love You,
Shea

 
At 6/03/2005 9:44 AM, Blogger Cherese said...

wow...what horrible mistakes I made in this blog. Every one of my english teachers would be so disappointed. Let me fix it quick before anyone else sees it...

 
At 6/03/2005 10:36 PM, Blogger Shea said...

Know what Jonathan and I realized tonight.... You've officially become Sugar Mama!!!

 
At 6/04/2005 5:55 PM, Blogger Brown Sugar said...

cats...you gotta love'em....bad day....you gotta fix'em.....with a cat

 
At 6/07/2005 7:16 PM, Blogger Cherese said...

I totally forgot anna used to call me sugar momma...how funny:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home